Pack A First Aid Kit For Your Trip This Year
What To Pack Inside A Travel First Aid Kit?
A good travel health kit contains enough supplies to prevent illness, handle minor injuries and illnesses, and manage pre-existing medical conditions for longer than the duration of your trip. Essentially, it should contain just enough to deal with potential problems, but still light enough to be carried.
The content though, should be customised by taking account the following factors:
- The number of people travelling and their age
- The destination and the duration of the trip
- Prior or existing medical problems among the travellers
- The activities you will be doing
- The distance you will be from an advanced medical care facility
The Items You Should Always Pack In Your Travel First Aid Kit
A travel first aid kit should ideally be customised depending on the above factors. However, a basic kit should always include these items:
- A pair of gloves
- Compression bandages
- Antiseptic wipes and creams
- Pain relief and anti-diarrhea medication
- Antihistamine creams for bug bites
- Antihistamine tablets for allergic reactions
- A small roll of surgical tape
- Sterile gauze
Feeling Overwhelmed And Needing Help With Your Travel Health Planning?
If you’re getting even more stressed out and still not sure about how to prepare for your upcoming trip, why not reach out to your trusted travel clinic.
A travel clinic such as SanoMed will address all of your travel health needs and offer comprehensive consultations with the latest health information and required vaccines or booster shots for travel worldwide.
The knowledgeable travel nurses can help you build a first aid kit for your travels. They can also suggest antibiotics for traveller’s diarrhea, antimalarials, and medications for high altitude.
Get in touch with the experts at SanoMed today and enjoy a relaxing and worry free vacation.